Our goal at Adaptive Living Designs is to help you live comfortably, conveniently, and safely in your home for as long as possible.
According to the National Aging in Place Council, “Americans of all ages value their ability to live independently.” For many of us, however, a physical hardship or the natural progression of aging creates a point in our lives when we’re faced with the question, “Should I make changes to my home so that I can safely and conveniently stay there, or should I relocate to an independent or assisted living facility?” (The “Improve or Move” question.) Choosing which path to follow is one of the most difficult decisions of our lives. Ultimately, 95% of us choose to remain in our existing home!
Transitioning from one stage of our lives to another can be challenging. Adaptive Living Designs is a full solution provider offering consulting, design, and home modification services that can help you make that transition a smooth one.
- Our primary focus is creating a functional environment that allows you to live comfortably, conveniently, and safely in your home.
- Our collaborative approach enables you to make informed decisions.
- We provide you with a solid plan for reaching your independent living goals.
- Our practical solutions create a home environment you can live with.
- Our designs are based on the principles of Universal Design.
- Our home modifications comply with ADA guidelines and all local and state building codes.
- Together, we can achieve an enhanced quality of life for you and those who care about you.
DESIGN / BUILD SOLUTIONS FOR ACCESSIBILITY & AGING
- Universal Design
- Designs that can accommodate ninety percent of us for our entire life. Universal Design promotes designing products, technologies, and buildings so that they are accessible to, and usable by, everyone to the greatest extent possible. Sometimes referred to as “design for all.”
- Accessible Design
- Designing products, technologies, and buildings so that they are accessible to, and usable by, persons with disabilities who would otherwise be denied access.
- Lifespan Design
- Designing products, technologies, and buildings that accommodate, or can be adapted to accommodate, changes in ability and mobility throughout the life stage and age continuum.
- Adaptable Design
- Planning and construction that anticipates modification in order to accommodate actual or potential changes in ability and mobility due to illness, injury, or aging to support independent living. Sometimes referred to as flexible or flex design.